Principal UX Designer
Chisel is a well-funded, early stage startup founded in Silicon Valley.We just raised our next round of funding in January 2023. Hundreds of organizations are using Chisel and we have won several new awards on G2 - including "Momentum Leader", "High performer", "Users Love Us" and "High Performer - Small Business".
With team members located all over the world, we truly embrace the “remote-first” culture. Our mission is to help Product Managers craft amazing products and become the “Primary App” for them. It’s a SaaS tool that helps them build the right product at the right time, align the team, and build deep, direct customer connections. Using Chisel, Product Managers can manage their full agile product development cycle in one place.
We are looking for a Principal UX Designer who will play a big role in delivering winning experiences to our massive user base.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Founder/CEO and Product team to define the product vision. You will create compelling, delightful user experiences across our product and website while also developing Chisel’s UX design and style guidelines.
This is a remote position based in the US. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to create innovative, best-in-class, customer-centric experience
- Own end-to-end UX process based on existing product vision and business requirements
- Establish UX design standards, deliverables and methodologies within the company
- Conduct user research activities such as user testing, persona development, and user journeys
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Ask hard questions, take risks and champion new ideas; present and defend your work to colleagues, other teams, and management
- 6 to 8 years of experience in Product Design
- 3 to 5 years of experience designing user experiences in a B2B SaaS, startup environment, preferably for Web/SaaS domains
- You are interested in pushing novel design concepts; not just implementing design dogma
- You possess not just exceptional interaction and visual design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking
- Experience owning user research, user flows, wireframes, and other UX deliverables
- You can confidently question unclear requirements and make technical decisions independently if initial assumptions are proved false
- You have a positive attitude and great social skills with a willingness to put aside ego for the sake of what's best for the team
- You possess the ability to adapt, switch gears, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Opportunity to be a Founding team member at a hyper-growth startup
- Highly competitive salary + equity package
- Work alongside a team of highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated professionals
- Remote friendly set up
- Flexible working hours and working styles