Senior Software Engineer (React)
Chisel is a well-funded, early-stage startup founded in Silicon Valley. We just raised our next round of funding in January 2023. Hundreds of organizations are using Chisel and we have won several new awards on G2 - including "Momentum Leader", "High performer", "Users Love Us" and "High Performer - Small Business".
Our mission is to help Product Managers craft amazing products and become the “Primary App” for them. It’s a SaaS tool that helps them build the right product at the right time, align the team, and build deep, direct customer connections. Using Chisel, Product Managers can manage their full agile product development cycle in one place.
We are looking for someone with 6+ years of experience in frontend development with more than 4 years of experience in React.
Join our product team and assist us in developing features that will genuinely add value to our one-of-a-kind product management system.
- Frontend stack: React, Redux, Redux-ORM, Saga
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions
- Collaborate with Product Managers and develop new user-facing features using React.js.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- You'll help improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of the Frontend features both in your team and features that benefit the platform as a whole.
- You’ll learn, collaborate and teach other Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience building a reusable Custom UI components with React, Redux etc
- Complete understanding of ReactJS and its main fundamentals like JSX, Virtual DOM, component lifecycle, react-hooks, selectors etc.
- Good experience of working on React(UI) Performance Improvement techniques such as virtualization, memoization, avoiding unnecessary renders/re-renders, CSS animations, use of web-workers etc etc
- Confident designing frontend architecture and passionate about performance
- Experience in mentoring and helping teammates, doing code reviews and pair-programming
What We Offer
- Be Founding team member at a hyper-growth startup
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary
- Opportunity to join a team of highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated professionals
- Flexibility for your own working style and working hours