Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Chisel is a well-funded, early-stage startup founded in Silicon Valley. We just raised our next round of funding in January 2023. Hundreds of organizations are using Chisel and we have won several new awards on G2 - including "Momentum Leader", "High performer", "Users Love Us" and "High Performer - Small Business".
Our mission is to help Product Managers craft amazing products and become the “Primary App” for them. It’s a SaaS tool that helps them build the right product at the right time, align the team, and build deep, direct customer connections. Using Chisel, Product Managers can manage their full agile product development cycle in one place.
We are looking for someone with 6+ years of experience in backend development with more than 4 years of experience in NodeJS.
Join our product team and assist us in developing features that will genuinely add value to our one-of-a-kind product management system.
- Backend: SailsJS
- Storage: Postgres
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, EBS, Aurora Postgres
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible to drive some of the big decisions and foundational platforms that help our engineering organization develop features and improvements to the Chisel product in a secure, well tested, and performant way
You'll collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders (such as Product Design) to improve the Chisel platform's features.
Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
Consistently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
You'll help improve the overall experience of our product through improving the quality of the Frontend features both in your team and features that benefit the platform as a whole.
You’ll learn, collaborate and teach other Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they’ve been in the industry.
You’ll fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker.
Required Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of backend experience in database design, developing web services and server-side applications using NodeJS for the backend
- Experience in technologies like Postgres, ExpressJS, NodeJS
- Exceptional skills in Performance Optimizations, Scaling the Server, and debugging source code management systems (e.g., Git, Subversion)
- Experience in working & deploying apps on the cloud such as AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience in implementing security and data protection
What We Offer
* Be Founding team member at a hyper-growth startup
* Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary
* Opportunity to join a team of highly-skilled, experienced, and motivated professionals
* Flexibility for your own working style and working hours